Background & Experience
I have 20 years of experience in the public sector, as a Civil Servant in various departments including the Department for Work and Pensions and Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs. I also write fiction, and my first novel was published in July 2016.
I offer a friendly, efficient and confidential service, and will not disclose any information about you or the content of your work to anyone.
My in-house experience includes:
- Corporate communications - writing, editing and proofreading magazine articles and newsletters, internal and external communication messages, business letters and minutes, reports and court referrals
- Learning & Development - all elements of staff training, from designing, writing and proofreading the material, through to delivery of courses and evaluation
- Fraud Investigation - intelligence gathering, report writing, reviewing and analysing data, investigation techniques and court procedures
- Plain English - trained by the Plain English Campaign to deliver their material, and I adhere to their principles
- Publishing Training Centre - Basic Proofreading
- Publishing Training Centre - Grammar at Work
- SfEP - Introduction to Proofreading
- University of Portsmouth Counter Fraud Professional Accreditation Board - Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) - Certificate in Training Practice
Click here to see articles I have written for Lothian Life magazine.
'Thank you so much for you hard work you did proofreading my essay, I really feel you helped me turn in a polished piece of work. The pointers and suggestions you gave still allowed my essay to sound like I wanted it too, they just upgraded it a bit and I achieved a merit grade! Anyway just wanted to say thanks and have another piece of work due in April I will be in touch with dates as I will definitely be requiring your services again.'
Lesley Walker, BN Student, Edinburgh
'Marie Campbell is one of the best proofreaders with whom I've had the pleasure to work. She is highly professional, accurate and always approachable. As well as working with me in my capacity as a magazine editor, Marie was responsible for proofreading the eBook reprint of my travel memoir, as well as the novel submitted for my PhD. Whilst both documents had been thoroughly edited, Marie's meticulous proofreading picked up on several issues that vastly improved both documents, and she was also flexible enough to provide the corrections in the very specific way I requested. I would certainly employ Marie again, and I have no hesitation in recommending her to my own writing and editing clients.'
Dr Anne Hamilton, WriteRight Editing Services & Author of A Blonde Bengali Wife